The Open RAN deployment model adopts a new approach for building the Radio Access Network within 5G but also earlier generations of technology.
This two-week self-paced course seeks to explore the concepts of Open RAN, outlining key terminology and standardization efforts. In addition, the course provides focus on the architecture of an Open RAN deployment, examining the CU/DU/RU split, the associated protocols and the role of the O-RAN Alliance RAN Intelligent Controllers.
This course has been created by Mpirical.
After completing this course learners will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts associated with the Open RAN initiative.
- Describe the end-to-end Open RAN ecosystem.
- Explain the splitting options available for Open RAN, as well as the protocols used.
- Define the architecture standardised by the O-RAN Alliance, including all network elements and reference points.
- Outline the role of the O-RAN RAN Intelligent Controllers, both Non Real Time and Real Time.
Who Should Enrol on this Course?
This course is designed for a technical audience who deal with or are impacted by the changes taking place in relation to Open RAN in the 5G access network. Key job roles include RAN engineers, system architects, transport network engineers and core network engineers.
Course Structure and Study Time
Course Completion Certificate
The course fee is US$500.