5G promises to enable a wide variety of new wireless communications services and capabilities, ranging from high-speed, high-capacity broadband access to extremely reliable low-latency communications to machine-type communications on a massive scale. To deliver on these promises, everything about the wireless network must change, including the devices, the radio interface, the Radio Access Network (RAN), and the core network.
This two-week, self-paced course provides an overview of the 5G core network, its connectivity to the radio network and interworking with the 4G EPC.
This course has been created by Awards Solutions.
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- List the key principles behind the evolving 5G core network.
- Sketch the 5G core network, its connectivity to the radio network and interworking with the 4G EPC.
- Describe the purpose behind Service-Based Architecture (SBA).
- Describe the QoS framework of 5G and compare it with 4G.
- Step through the network operations of registration and PDU session establishment.
- Describe network slicing and how it is used in 5G.
Describe Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC) and how it can be used in 5G.
Who Should Enrol on this Course?
This course is designed for a broad audience of wireless network engineers. This includes those in network planning, engineering, operations, troubleshooting and support groups.
Course Structure and Study Time
This is a self-paced course and you will gain access to all of its content as soon as you complete your enrolment.
We estimate that it should not take you more than one hour of study time per week to complete the course in two weeks. You will have, however, five weeks from enrolment to complete the course.
Course Completion Certificate
To qualify for a course completion certificate, you will have to view all of the course content and correctly answer at least 80% of the questions in the final assessment. You will have unlimited attempts to pass the final assessment. You will also need to fill out the course survey.
The course fee is US$500.